Smithe-Kote® 5 year Stain Protection
Smithe Kote is the most effective fabric protection available. It is odorless and will not change the feel or appearance of your fabric or leather. It also contains an anti-microbial agent to inhibit growth of bacteria. Anti-static properties help to keep you comfortable. Smithe Kote fabric protection is trusted by Hilton Hotels and even the White House. It is certified green, and it's an exclusive member of EPA Design for the Environment.
Human urine, blood & vomit
HOW THE WARRANTY WORKS
1. Stains should be treated immediately using the free stain removal kit provided at the time of purchase. Free refills are available for pick up at any Smithe showroom.
2. If the stain persists, contact Smithe within 2 days to arrange for a free in-home professional cleaning of the affected area.
3. If the stain cannot be removed, Smithe will replace the affected fabric or leather.
4. If the fabric or leather is unavailable, Smithe will at its sole discretion either recover the damaged area in a complementary, coordinating fabric, or issue a credit toward Reupholstery, less a 10% annual use fee. Coverage ends upon issuance of the credit, and Reupholstered items are not eligible for new coverage.
5. Smithe will make up to 5 service calls in 5 years. Additional calls are available for a discounted fee.
1. Smithe Kote does not act as a plastic cover. It protects against accidental catastrophic stains such as a red wine stain on a white sofa. It does not prevent every day soiling that comes from normal use, or multiple stains, repetitive soiling, or stains not attended to properly. Routine professional cleaning is not provided under this warranty.
2. Smithe Kote does not prevent the effects of aging such as fading or general soiling over time.
3. Clients living more than 100 miles from the nearest Smithe showroom are responsible for transport costs.
4. Smithe Kote coverage is non-renewable. Smithe reserves the right to deny the sale of Smithe Kote and to cancel coverage in the case of neglect or abuse. Coverage is limited to stained items listed on the sales order. Smithe Kote is available only on brand new furniture sold by Smithe. Coverage is valid for the original purchaser only.
5. No warranty coverage is provided for fading, normal wear & tear; overall soiling; excessive or repetitive staining indicating abuse or neglect; stains from hair or scalp oil, failure to clean or report within 2 days; stains not listed in this warranty, stains from moving or repairing furniture; commercial use; dyes; caustic solutions; bleach; odors; fire; flood; rust; water stains other than beverage spills; stains of unknown origin or stains resulting from an unauthorized professional cleaning. No coverage is available on suede, silks, or certain delicate fabrics. Smithe Kote can be applied to rugs and other select products at about half price, but no warranty applies. Service may be available for a fee in such cases. Check with our warranty department for availability.
6. If an item or part of an item needs to be reupholstered, substitutions may be made if the original cover is not available. No adjustments can be made for dye lot variations resulting from panel replacements or for resulting mismatches to other furniture or decorating in the room. The value of the Reupholstery shall not exceed the original purchase price.
Smithe Kote is carefully applied at our distribution center prior to delivery. It is a water based product made with certifiably green organic compounds and is applied to fabrics using a high pressure fine mist spray. Smithe Kote leather protection cream is carefully applied by hand. Both create a non toxic, odorless, invisible, breathable barrier to protect your furniture. A gold Smithe Kote label is applied to the deck below the cushions as proof of application.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. 800-WITH-AN-E or smithe.com
Furniture pieces such a living room leather sofa are an investment. Let Walter E Smithe Furniture + Design help you protect your investment with Smithe Kote Stain Protection and give your sofa and chairs a long life by having Smithe Kote applied before delivery. Walter E Smithe’s Chicagoland furniture stores have a great selection of high quality furniture and we want to make sure you have the information necessary to care for your dining room table, living room sofa, or stone top table. Check out our tips for furniture care, or get a fresh start with our expert furniture restoration. If you have any questions about furniture care please contact us online, give us a call, or stop by one of our furniture stores in the Chicago area. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out all 11 of our Chicago Area Furniture Stores! Located in: Arlington Heights, Geneva, Lincolnshire, Lincoln Park, Merrillville, Naperville, Oak Brook, Orland Park, Old Orchard, Skokie & Vernon Hills